For my first official blog post, I thought I would establish just what sort of things I’m about. Mainly tea, books, and cats, but I do manage to have a few other interests.
The first month of 2016 was a roller coaster. After a stressful 2015 (more about that another day), it was amazing to be able to find some down time this month for pampering and relaxation. I finished two books, after reading one entire book during 2015. Some of the stress from 2015 sneaked into this month but I am attempting to tackle that head on and find some peace. Some of January’s favourites are part of that experiment.
- Nars Blush in Doucer (cruelty-free). This is hands down my favourite blush, which you can tell as I hit pan. A great light purple/rose, it is a perfect natural flush that pairs with anything. It is a crime against beauty that Nars no longer makes this colour. If you ever run across it, grab it and run! $38 CAD
- Wet N Wild Mega Volume Mascara (cruelty-free). This mascara is SO affordable, it’s ridiculous. And when you are technically supposed to toss your mascara after a few months, it is a lot easier to do when you haven’t spent a fortune. Even though it is only 4 bucks, this mascara gives me volume, curl, and looks like I spent way more. $3.99 CAD at grocery stores/pharmacies
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye pencil in Bourbon (cruelty-free). I got this pencil in a set many moons ago (aka I shouldn’t be using it anymore probably.. but I sharpened it so technically it is all fresh?) but I still love it. Best eyeliner formulation on the market! $24 CAD
- NYX eyebrow cake powder in Brunette (cruelty-free). After giving up on my eyebrows for a few months, I dug out this set and fell in love all over again. So easy to use, the powder is way less fussy than using an eyebrow pencil. I highly recommend if you can find it! $9 CAD, also available at Rexall pharmacies.
- Yoga Camp with Adriene (not pictured) – Adriene is, hands down, my favourite yoga instructor. Her videos are easy to follow yet challenging. I find she addresses common posture issues, while also tapping into the more spiritual side of yoga. She does all of this with a sense of humour, so it never feels preachy or weird, just soothing. For the month of January, Adriene started a “Yoga Camp” which features a video for every day of the month. Just what you need to start the new year off right. (I am super behind but am determined to do each video in sequence, even if I finish in March).
- Contigo ceramic mugs. We loooove the locking Contigo mugs at my house so when we saw this mug at Costco this month, had to have em. I will say that they are NOT leak proof, but they don’t pretend to be. The packaging called them “splash proof” which I can get behind. But much more attractive that the traditional metal travel mug, and I find the liquid tastes much better coming from ceramic. Set of two for $19 CAD at Costco.
- Wick Witch candle “O Tannenbaum”. A Christmas gift, which I am burning every bath time. It is available at their store in Merrickville, ON or online through their etsy shop. Smells like the outdoors, and made of 100% soy wax. Yum! Gift.
- Williamson Tea’s English Breakfast tea & tin. This adorable tin of English Breakfast tea was a housewarming gift in November, but I was really feeling it this month. Firstly, the tin is adorable. Secondly, it is a great aromatic English Breakfast tea that goes great with a splash of milk. Gift from Homesense.
- The Cabal Brothers by Jonathan L. Howard. I received this book for Christmas, and it is the fourth in a series about necromancy, which dictionary.com defines as “1. A method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art. 2. Magic in general, especially that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration”. That sums it up! If you like fantasy, dystopian novels, or H.P. Lovecraft, check it out. $14.07 CAD at Amazon.
Well, thanks for stopping by! You can expect this feature at the end of each month.
P.S. The kitty calendar was ALSO an amazing Christmas gift.
What was your favourite product/part of January?
What books are you reading?