I love a good tag, and so here is another one thanks to Celina of The Celution. I’m overly fascinated with hearing about other people’s routines, especially vloggers. It is a great little insight in to someone else’s day, especially someone living a very interesting life. Brace yourself for a riveting routine!
- What is your morning beauty routine? I stick to my Sukin routine for the mornings. For some reason I feel the need to use one brand for my whole routine. I should really branch out but I am a creature of habit. I use their Cream Cleanser in the shower, quickly apply their Organic Rose Hip Oil while my skin is still damp and warm, and follow with their Facial Moisturizer. I’d like to get my hands on their Hydrating Mist Toner as well. And basically all their products.
- What’s for breakfast? Recently I’ve been making steel cut oats in a rice cooker for my husband and myself to take to work. I pour in two portions of oatmeal, dice up an apple, and water, and let it cook for 30 minutes. Once it is cooked, I divide the oatmeal into mason jars and add milk, cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar. SO good for on the go mornings.
- Coffee or tea? English breakfast or orange pekoe tea with a splash of milk is heaven. I am trying to cut coffee, but on weekends I love a cafe au lait (french press coffee with frothed milk). I love our Nespresso Aeroccino Plus frother for coffee and tea lattes. If you don’t have a milk frother, run out now!
- How long does it take to get out the door? Around an hour, sometimes a little more. Ideally I’d give myself an hour and a half but I press snooze every. single. day.
- What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss-free morning? I use the NYX brow powder on my brows, a nude MAC eye shadow on the lid, and dark brown MAC eye shadow on the lash line (sadly I no longer know the colours, I got a pro palette in a set of four awhile back), and quick swipe of Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara on upper and lower lashes. I then apply some blush (this week I’m loving Nars Dolce Vita), and grab a lipstick, usually in a pink, red or coral.
- What is your evening beauty routine? First, I remove my make up and cleanse my skin with L’Oreal’s Skin Perfection Micellar Water. To be honest I am not in love with this product, I feel like it clogs my skin. When I finish it off, I will try a different type. I then lightly moisturize with my Sukin Organic Rose Hip Oil. I am thinking about starting double-cleansing before bed, just need to find the right product.
- Snack time! What’s in the bowl? Some air popped popcorn with a little melted butter and light seasoning is the perfect evening snack. It makes for some great Netflix viewing.
- How do you wind down and prep for bed? Ideally I make time for some yoga, a hot bath, and some reading. On evenings where I don’t have the luxury of that kind of time, a cup of herbal tea is a nice way to calm down.
- Cozy up! What are you wearing to sleep? Nothing very exciting, that’s for sure. Usually an old t-shirt and some cotton pj pants. As part of my 30 for 30 goals, I pledged to update my pj wardrobe so I will try to find something that matches at least. And always socks. Socks are a must!
- What are some things you must do before hitting the hay? Set my alarm for the morning, an ambitious 5:30 am. I then put on the “Nature Sounds” playlist on Spotify and set the sleep timer to turn off the rain or whale or weird jungle sounds in 20 minutes. I then apply some lip balm, currently Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment. Lastly I apply some body lotion, especially to my hands, right now loving the Anatomicals Lilac lotion. I think I’d like a heavier hand cream for night time though.. this winter has been rough!
I invite everyone to do this tag!