Where did February go!? Between work and personal life, this month flew by. I was able to make more time for myself and read some books, did some blogging, and had some baths. We really got into price matching, so I’ve been indulging in avocados, mangos and blood oranges. Just picture me rolling around on the bed throwing exotic fruit in the air. Or don’t, that’s pretty weird I guess.. Anyways, on to my favourites of the month in beauty, lifestyle, teas, and books.
- Wet N Wild Color Icon Kohl Liner Pencil in Baby’s Got Black (cruelty-free). I can’t stress this enough.. this liner is under $2 CAD! And it is HUGE! I don’t think I will ever use this up, although I keep reaching for it day after day so I just might. I am now looking to get this in a few more colours. $1.99 CAD at Canadian retailers including Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart).
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet. These lip butters are like amazing, highly pigmented balms. Very moisturizing and true to the swatch, like the eyeliner above, I hope to get a few more shades of this formulation. Red Velvet is a brown/red shade that is in tune with the ongoing 90’s trend. $9.99 CAD at Well.ca.
- Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment. This ointment saved my lips this past month, matte lipstick combined with cold dry wind equaled a hot mess. It has a pretty significant “ointment” odor but that doesn’t get me down, it works too well. $4.99 CAD at Well.ca.
- St. Ives Timeless Skin Mineral Clay Firming Mask. This mask is made with kaolin clay, which is great for cleaning pores. It is a little tingly at first but settles nicely as it dries. My skin feels soft and clean after, and I love the amount of masks you can get out of each bottle. Much better value than the single use packs! $7.49 CAD at Well.ca.
- Stella McCartney Stella. This fragrance is my go-to every day perfume. It is inspired by English roses and it is a full bodied floral with a bit of spice. I love it for the spring and fall especially. I found myself reaching for it quite often this month, as I got excited at the prospect of warmer weather. $89 CAD at Sephora.
- T-Max Heat Thermal Socks. This socks are the best thing to happen to my feet since.. regular socks, I guess. They are super thick and cozy, and are practically slippers. Brian and I each have a pair to wear around the house and I love them SO much. $9.99 CAD at Mark’s in store or online.
- Saje Diffuser Necklace in Optimistic Oval. This sterling silver necklace from Saje was my favourite piece this month. The necklace comes with little aromatherapy pads so you can apply your favourite essential oil, and carry some relaxation around with you all day. $79.95 CAD at Saje in store or online.
- Harney & Sons Classic Hot Cinnamon Spice. Indigo’s website says this is a caffine-free tea made with Rooibos but the tin I have contains black tea.. anyhow, I LOOOOVE THIS TEA. I will save my ravings for an actual review but this tea is the bomb. $11 at Indigo.
- Lamentation by C.J. Sansom. The Matthew Shardlake series by C.J. Sansom is one of my favourite mystery series. They take place during the reign of King Henry VIII and are steeped in historical intrigue. This one was quite long but was still a great read. $17.60 at Indigo.