I think if a day goes by without me having at least one cup of tea, hell will have frozen over. I can live without coffee, but tea is like air for me. And until the weather gets really sticky, there is nothing I love more than a hot cup of relaxing tea before bed. While I have a ridiculous tea collection (sorry, Brian!), I have a smaller rotation of bedtime teas with one to suit every mood, weather and sleepiness.
- Pluck After Eight. I reviewed this tea awhile back, and I reach for it after a big meal when I am craving dessert but have literally no room left in my stomach. It is minty, chocolate-y, and very relaxing.
- Tetley Pure Peppermint. This is my stand by tea for every day use. It is affordable, easy and always delicious. I love it hot or cold, and it has saved me from many stomach aches over the years. I also find peppermint in all forms very soothing, so this tea is probably my favourite before bed time.
- Twinings Pure Chamomile. I keep this more for guests who prefer chamomile for an evening tea, and for the one time the year Brian has some. Occasionally I sub it in for my other night time blends to keep things interesting but I find it a little too floral for me most nights.
- Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla. Now don’t get me wrong, Sleepytime is a solid tea. But let me tell you, add some vanilla, and you’re in tea heaven. This tea is so creamy and soothing, it is like a warm hug from a fluffy cat. I have to use it with caution as it almost always leads to me falling asleep instantly.
- Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. I love this tea for fall and winter nights, it packs a cinnamon punch but is still sweet and relaxing. It is especially comforting with a splash of milk.
- Teavana Peach Tranquility. This is my summer go-to night time tea. It is delicious hot or cold, and smells just like fuzzy peaches.This is one of those rare tea blends that taste as good as they smell.
Do you have a go-to bedtime tea I need to try?