So far, 2016 seems to be going by at an exponential rate, each month faster than the last. At least March brought back a few days of sun and warmth, so I have high hopes for April! Once I get some sunshine on my face, I crave tropical scents and feel more interested in taking care of myself. This feeds into my favourites for March, with some tropical vibes and self-care.
- Ogx Nourishing Coconut Milk Hibiscus Lotion (cruelty-free). This is a light weight body lotion that is perfect for when I need to start transitioning to summer skin care. My one complaint is it is slow to absorb but still leaves my skin soft and smelling of the tropics. $11.29 CAD at Well.ca.
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (cruelty-free). Now that I am getting back into taking care of my nails, this cuticle cream is a must. I apply it nightly before bed and wake up with delicious lemony, healthy hands. It is basically a dupe of Lush’s Lemony Flutter. $7.99 CAD in stores and online.
- Bath & Body Works Pocket Bacs (cruelty-free). I have a significant collection of these at any given time, and I am particularly enjoying last years Maui Sunset scent. They are so handy to have at work or in my purse, I am a die hard fan. $2 CAD at Bath & Body Works.
- Essence Liquid Lipstick in Beauty Secret (cruelty-free). I looove Essence’s Liquid Lipsticks. They have the texture of a gloss but with the coverage of a liquid lipstick. I find them fairly long lasting, although you do need to reapply after eating and drinking. But for $3, you can’t really go wrong! Beauty Secret has become my go-to every day nude shade. $3 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Clinique Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment. Sadly, Clinique is not cruelty-free. I was given this lip treatment by a friend who didn’t care for it, however I am surprisingly a big fan. It is a gel based balm of sorts that actually provides a lovely gloss/MLBB look. I usually apply it before bed to wake up with smooth lips ready for lipstick but when I am going for a subtle face, it is the perfect product. $34 CAD at Sephora.
- Wick Witch Candle Company in Lily of the Valley. Another lovely candle by the Wick Witch Candle Company located in Merrickville. The scent of this candle is true to it’s name and is a lovely subtle floral: perfect for Spring. Available at Wick Witch in Merrickville.
- Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling. This book is so funny! I haven’t even finished it but it is hands down my favourite book of the month. Mindy Kaling is most definitely my hero. $28.48 CAD at Indigo.
- Earth Teaze Blueberry White Tea. My lovely Mom gifted me this tea for Christmas. Now that Spring has (sorta) sprung, I am breaking out all my fruity white teas, which make for a perfect light tea on warm sunny days. $5.99 CAD at Mrs. McGarrigles.
- Michelle Chang’s Double Heart Initial Necklace. Brian gave me this necklace for my first birthday with him, and I’ve loved it ever since. Michelle Chang is an amazing seller on Etsy from Los Angeles (I also saw her necklaces in Edinburgh, Scotland!) who makes beautiful jewellery with sterling silver, gold, and diamonds. $90.51 CAD on Etsy.
What was your favourite part of March? Is the sun out where you live?