I like to make lists. That should be apparent to you already. I especially like making lists of gifts for me or others. I will start making my Christmas wish and shopping lists in August, and continue to refine them for the next 4 months. I suspect this isn’t normal but it is also oddly satisfying. Since my birthday is in a month or so I thought I should get my act together and start making and re-making my wish list.
Every year around this time, I start dreaming of spring. Warm sun, birds returning, and flowers blooming. Everything about spring is amazing. One of my favourite parts of the return of warm weather is getting to shed winter coats and break out my light sweaters, bright prints, and fun accessories. I have my eye on some new pieces this spring to freshen up my wardrobe and though I’d share them with you.
- Knitted Jumper from H&M ($29.99 CAD). Spring in Ottawa can still be quite chilly so a light sweater is a necessity. You can dress it up for the office by pairing it with a black pencil skirt and a statement necklace.
- Solid Asymmetric Tunic from Simons ($20 CAD). This jersey top is another great basic that can be used in countless ways, from brunch to the work place. I like the longer back to keep me modest when wearing leggings.
- Pocket Front Top from Forever 21 ($19.90 CAD). A cute peach top that will compliment any skin tone. My vibe this spring seems to be effortless, slouchy pieces apparently!
- Favorite Capri Leggings from Forever 21 ($6.90 CAD). I always stock up on a few pairs of these in the spring. Lightweight capri leggings are ideal for transitioning from winter to summer under tunics and short skirts.
- Super Skinny High Jegging from H&M ($24.99 CAD). These light wash jeans are a nice addition to your spring wardrobe, and the high waist jegging style is so comfy.
- Talula Vanderbilt Skirt from Aritzia ($75 CAD). A-line skirts are super hot this coming year so make sure to add a couple to your spring/summer rotation. This classic skirt will get you through all sorts of occasions.
- Minimalist Envelope Clutch from Simons ($45 CAD). A synthetic clutch that can also be worn with a strap introduces a sweet pop of colour to those rainy spring days.
- ASOS Croc Shopper Bag from ASOS ($57.42 CAD). Another synthetic option, a faux croc large shopper purse. I love this size bag for lugging my life to and from work. You can fit your essentials, along with a book, a planner, your lunch, and so on.
- Herschel Shift from Little Burgundy ($75 CAD). Everything Herschel is the bees knees, and this floral print duffle bag is no exception. Spice up your gym life by swapping this bag in or as another option for your commuter life.
- Turquoise Bead ring from Simons ($45 CAD). I love turquoise so much, maybe for how to resembles a bright spring sky. This adorable ring from Simons is a must have, and their quality pieces are a great investment.
- Delicate Sentiments ring from Pandora ($75 CAD). This Pandora pearl ring might make an appearance on my birthday wishlist. Like turquoise, pearls represent spring/summer living to me. Maybe because they come from the ocean? Regardless, I love this delicate ring!
- Olivia Burton Flower Garden watch from Simons ($149 CAD). This watch will DEFINITELY be making it onto my birthday list. I’ve been pining after Olivia Burton watches for some time now, and Simons has finally brought them to Canada. With the timeless style of Daniel Wellington mixed with feminine patterns and colours, every one needs one of these.
What are you excited for this spring?
Valentine’s Day is coming up and while Brian and I don’t usually exchange gifts, I have found an assortment of sweet gifts for under $30 CAD for your special someone.
- Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Rose Hip ($28 CAD at Sephora). This warm, rose-y red is the perfect romantic colour that will suit any skin tone. Bite Beauty is a Canadian brand that was born in Toronto, Ontario and all their products are created with ingredients that are literally good (and safe) enough to eat.
- David’s Tea Pink Hearts Essential Glass Travel Mug ($24 CAD at David’s Tea). An adorable 12 ounce travel mug with a built in tea infuser. A great gift for the loved one that loves tea and wants to take it on the road.
- Indigo Hot Water Bottle – Grey & Pink ($29.50 CAD at Indigo). Show her you care and keep her warm at the same time. This cable knit hot water bottle will be a reminder of your love year round (let’s be real, this is Canada, it’s always cold somewhere).
- Simons Zircon Two-Sided Earrings ($19 CAD at Simons). Ear jackets are still very hot, and these pearl-and-zircon beauties are no exception. Simons jewellery is unique, well-made, and on trend, making them the perfect place for affordable gifts.
- Lush In Your Dreams Wrapped Gift ($26.95 CAD at Lush). This gift combines a Unicorn Horn bubble bar (you break it up under running water to make a bubbly, delicious smelling bath); Prince Charming shower gel (a delectable pomegranate and vanilla gel); and The Kiss (a pink lip tint). Everything you need for a romantic night in.
- Forever 21 Ultimate Matte Blush Palette ($11.90 CAD at Forever 21). 10 matte shades of blush in one convenient palette. Ranging from nude and coral to pink and red, this palette would be a great gift for any make-up lover.
- Fierce Deer Little Heart Necklace ($26 CAD at Workshop Studio & Boutique). A delicate 14 K gold filled heart necklace, available at a local Ottawa boutique. A reminder of your love she can proudly wear every day.
What would you like to receive this Valentine’s Day?